Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11 Where were you?


This week I have watched the TV specials about the anniversary of the event that
changed our lives. I realized I had never truly processed the emotions and
feelings of witnessing the most horrific event I had ever encountered in my
adult life. The image of the second plane crashing into the Twin Towers on TV.

It wasn't until recently watching a memorial show that I recalled the images
that will be forever etched into my memories. The instant empathy for the poor
souls condemned to such a death and the great sorrow for their abrupt and
traumatic demise.

It still brings tears to my eyes now when I recall seeing the footage and
reports of the incredible heroism and selfless acts that define that day to me
far more than the hideous criminal depravity that prompted it.

On this day, let's come together and recall and reflect on those that were lost
and how they impacted our lives and how they continue to affect us. Also, what
it all means to us as a culture, a people, a nation to have undergone such
tragedy and survived to continue having endured the kind of injury this day
dealt to each and everyone of us.


With Great Sorrow and Pride,

Mistress Lady Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment